Monday, March 28, 2016

Time

Today is my birthday.. I am 44 years old.. and I am no where closer to "having it all together" than I was when I celebrated my 21st birthday.

I am still barely hanging on.. still unsure of what I want for myself or my life.. still living paycheck to paycheck. So, when does this whole "im a grown up" thing kick in?



Every year I write something to each of my kids on their birthdays and try and fill them with “bits of wisdom”.. but today, I thought I would remind myself of something..

“TIME; the beauty about time is that it cannot be wasted in advance.”
The next year, the next day, the next hour are lying ready for me as perfect, as unspoiled, as if I had never wasted or misapplied a single minute of it.  
"The secret embraced by all who enjoy truly vibrant relationships, productive careers, and remarkable lives is in consciously choosing to treat each day, every day, as if it is the very first day, not the last!"


No comments:

Post a Comment